Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
Hippodrome which was the center of sport activites in Constantinople, capital of the Byzantine empire, today named Sultanahmet Meydani, with its four monuments;The German Fountain of Wilhelm II, Egyptian Obelisk, Serpentine Column (Spiral column), Column of Constantine.
Blue Mosque - Unique with its 6 minarets built in the name of Sultan Ahmet which was until 19th century traditional point for the pilgrimage to Mecca (closed on Friday).
Hagia Sophia is the most famous Christian church in Turkey, one of the greatest marvels of architecture, which was constructed as a basilica in the 6th century by Emperor Justinian (closed on Monday).
Grand Covered Bazaar is the most attractive shopping centre in the world, with nearly 4000 shops, selling antique, jewellery, gold, carpets, leather wear and souvenirs (closed on Sunday).
As for Lunch drinks are extra but you can choose kebab, pide, desert such as baklava and other delicious Turkish traditional food.
Sultan Tombs is tucked around the back of Hagia Sophia. There are five tombs of sultans; Sultan Selim II, Sultan Murad III, Sultan Mehmed III, Sultan Mustafa I, Sultan Ibrahim I (closed on Monday).
Topkapi Palace is the residence of Ottoman Sultans which is going to be a good opportunity to see the imperial treasury, sacred Islamic relics, palace kitchens, Chinese porcelain and weapons (closed on Tuesday).
Also visited during the tour:
AQUADUCT OF VALENS *OBELISK OF THEODOSIUS *SERPENTINE COLUMN
GERMAN FOUNTAIN OF WILHELM II
Pick up from the hotel and at the end of the tour drive back to your hotel.
Places to be visited:
• Hagia Sophia Museum
• Blue Mosque
• Hippodrome Square
• Grand Bazaar
• Valide Mosque ( called New Mosque )
• Topkapi Palace
• Holy Relics
• Museum entrance fees mentioned on the itinerary
• Professional Guidance
• Free pick up and drop off service from your hotel
• Transportation with A/C vehicles
• Donations to the Mosques
• TURSAB insurance, which covers the costs of services accepted and committed by the travel agency
• Drinks at lunch
• Optional Gratuities
- Hagia Sophia is closed on Monday (From on October 1. to on March 31.) but Replaced with Underground Cistern.
- Blue Mosque is closed on Friday because of Friday prayers / No replacement.
- Grand Covered Bazaar is closed on Sunday but replaced with the Handicraft Store.
-Topkapi Palace is closed on Tuesdays and Fridays, this tour can not be operated